Yakima Valley College union says it has ‘no confidence’ in college president

Yakima Valley College’s faculty union said it has “no confidence” in YVC President Linda Kaminski because of transparency issues.

AFT-Yakima Local 1485 represents about 300 faculty members at the college. The union has been vocal in recent months about grievances between its membership and the college, holding an on-campus protest in March.

In a vote at the faculty union’s April meeting, 88% of members said they had no confidence in Kaminski’s leadership, a news release from the union said. The remaining 12% abstained from the vote.

Read more from the Yakima Herald-Republic.


Most Popular