8 ideas for CTE marketing
1. Advertise in a variety of places—from local TV, radio and social media to high school job fairs.
2. Target specific populations through Facebook advertising.
3. Consider using virtual reality and other cutting-edge technology to show potential students what their jobs could be like.
4. Tout the hands-on, collaborative nature of many CTE jobs.
LINK TO MAIN ARTICLE: Higher ed elevates CTE
5. Point out the earnings potential of specific CTE degrees.
6. Ditch the word “technical” in favor of just “career education.”
7. Highlight courses and programs that may be online or otherwise offer flexibility.
8. Stress the benefits to the local economy of having well-trained employees for hard-to-fill jobs.
Matt Zalaznick is senior associate editor at UB.