Califone Unveils Bluetooth Jackbox, New Products at ISTE 2018
CHATSWORTH, CALIF. JUNE 25, 2018 – Students need tools that enable dynamic learning experiences to excel in the digital era. In support of this idea, Califone International, a leader in the design, development and manufacturing of audio equipment for use in education, announces the release of the Bluetooth® Jackbox and two new series of headphones and headsets, which will feature newly enhanced CaliTuff™ cords.
“Our goal is to provide educators with tools that are applicable to a wide range of activities,” said Scott Evans, marketing manager of Califone. “These new products are tailored to those who would like to easily incorporate multimedia lessons into curriculum.”
The 1216BKBT Bluetooth Jackbox is the first of its kind and provides a cost-efficient way to stream audio from a smartphone, tablet or other Bluetooth-enabled device to six separate headphones. Its durability and price make it the perfect fit for schools looking to integrate audio activities into curriculum. The tool is ideal for differentiated learning, literacy, English-language learners (ELL) or Special Needs instruction.
“Califone has a longstanding history of being the first to introduce new learning tools into the classroom. This addition to our jackbox line will provide the ultimate flexibility for students to collaborate on group projects,” Evans said. “We designed a unique product that’s engaging for students and makes it easy for educators to leverage existing technology such as tablets.”
New to Califone’s headphone and headset lineup, the 1025 NeoTechTM and 1017 NeoTechTM Plusproducts are compatible with computers, Chromebooks and mobile devices, making them ideal for a variety of uses. Complete with in-line volume control and comfortable ear cups, each series provides Califone durability with quality sound. These headphones come equipped with CaliTuff durable cords, which are made of braided, PVC-jacketed material that resists chewing and cutting, and also include reinforced entry points to resist separation of the cord from the ear cup.
Headsets in each series feature ambient noise-reducing, unidirectional boom microphones that capture a student’s verbal response – not their neighbors – making them ideal for language learning and assessment testing purposes. The 1017 Series also offers two models (1017IMT and 1017IMUSB) with inline unidirectional microphones for users who prefer that style.
The complete list of new products to be showcased at ISTE:
• 1216BKBT Bluetooth Jackbox (available in July)- Cost-effective way to stream audio from your smartphone, tablet or other Bluetooth enabled device to six separate headphones.
• NeoTech 1025MT (available in July) – Mainstream, mid-weight headset for general purpose classroom usage with mobile devices.
• NeoTech 1025MUSB (available in July) – Mainstream, mid-weight headset for general purpose classroom usage with computers and Chromebooks.
• NeoTech Plus 1017MT (available in July) – Versatile, cost-effective workhorse headset for classroom usage with mobile devices.
• NeoTech Plus 1017MUSB (available in July) – Versatile, cost effective workhorse headset for classroom usage with computers and Chromebooks.
• NeoTech Plus 1017IMT (available in August) – Versatile, cost-effective headset for classroom use with mobile devices
• NeoTech Plus 1017IMUSB (available in August) – Versatile, cost-effective headset for use with computers and Chromebooks
• NeoTech Plus 1017AV (available in July)- Dynamic, cost-effective workhorse headphone for general purpose use with mobile devices.
When available, these products can be purchased through authorized Califone dealers. For more information and to view the full Califone catalog, please visit http://www.califone.com.
Califone was founded in 1946 and continues to be a leader in the design, development and manufacturing of audio products and technology accessories for use in education. Used by millions of students and educators, the company’s offerings include headphones and headsets, listening centers and boomboxes, portable PA systems, and computer peripherals. The solutions from Califone meet the needs of every learning environment-from classrooms to auditoriums. Visit http://www.califone.com to learn more.